openrefine


Openrefine not working as expected


I'm very new to OpenRefine, so please bear with me if i have made a simple mistake.
I'm parsing a HTML website to gather some date.
Everything went fine with fetching the individual pages, but now the parsing of the HTML fails.
I'm creating a new column, based on the one holding all the page's HTML. I'm trying to get to the data in a specific DIV[20].
In the"create column based on this column" window it gives me a preview when using value.parseHtml().select("DIV")[20] , which results in exactly what i need... executing it gives me nothing but blank cells.
it even tells me that it is "filling 0 rows with grel:value.parseHtml().select("DIV")[20]"
Any clue what i'm doing wrong here?
You just need to finalize with .toString() to output the JSON.org object AS a string.
This is explained on our wiki here: https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/StrippingHTML#extract-html-attributes-text-links-with-integrated-grel-commands
I also updated the select() function with that example: https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/GREL-Other-Functions#selectelement-e-string-s

Related Links

Incrementing a date in openrefine
add numbers down a column in OpenRefine
OpenRefine split on character in multivalue cell
Openrefine: text facet by counting
Select multiple repeated records OpenRefine
Simple OpenRefine IF to create a new column
OpenRefine split in multiple cells
How to export the cell that contains new line character properly?
Is it possible to run an OpenRefine script in the background?
Browser cluster link does not work properly in Open Refine
How to save only specific JSON elements in a new OpenRefine column
Openrefine: cross.cell for similar but not identical values
OpenRefine changing the port and host when executable is run directly
How can I join two datasets using a key in OpenRefine, with the secondary table having more than one value?
Open Refine: Open Project Issue
Progressive number in Openrefine column

Categories

HOME
java
pypi
c#-4.0
azure-data-factory
json.net
jsp-tags
setup-deployment
fsm
enterprise-library-5
facebook-messenger-bot
adobe-analytics
export-to-csv
invantive-sql
samoa
jquery-ajaxq
lcd
java-7
p-value
h2db
sparse-matrix
poltergeist
user-interaction
typo3-6.2.x
windowbuilder
kendo-datasource
hybridauth
io-redirection
hockeyapp
twitch
ansible-playbook
graphenedb
firebase-admin
nxlog
http-redirect
auto-update
atomicity
worksheet
gabor-filter
boost-preprocessor
pillow
mako
mediaelement
yt-project
xcb
visual-c++-2008
android-fonts
spring-android
plottable.js
tform
mutation-observers
coveralls
microbenchmark
unity5.2.3
clicktag
jscript.net
java.util.concurrent
asp.net-web-api-odata
aapt
dml
hippomocks
balanced-payments
app42
srs
prettify
xsockets.net
bulkloader
ril
free-variable
referrer
chuck
isnullorempty
nsnetservice
cisco-jtapi
datawindow
qtkit
mod-auth
calling-convention
android-sdk-2.1
mongomapper
lpeg
w3wp.exe
blitz++
preference
forums
dbal
user-friendly
substrings
adrotator
privilege
private-members
wsdl.exe
lzh

Resources

Mobile Apps Dev
Database Users
javascript
java
csharp
php
android
MS Developer
developer works
python
ios
c
html
jquery
RDBMS discuss
Cloud Virtualization
Database Dev&Adm
javascript
java
csharp
php
python
android
jquery
ruby
ios
html
Mobile App
Mobile App
Mobile App